Welcome to Mrs. Anderson's reading class!
Here are some tips for reading with your child:
- ✪ When reading a book where the print is large, point word by word as you read. This will help the child learn that reading goes from left to right and understand that the word he or she says is the word he or she sees.
- ✪ Read a child's favorite book over and over again.
- ✪ Read many stories with rhyming words and lines that repeat. Invite the child to join in on these parts. Point, word by word, as he or she reads along with you.
- ✪ Discuss new words. For example, "This big house is called a palace. Who do you think lives in a palace?”
- ✪ Stop and ask about the pictures and about what is happening in the story.
- ✪ Read from a variety of children's books, including fairy tales, song books, poems, and information books.
Reading well is at the heart of all learning. Children who can't read well, can't learn. Help make a difference for a child.
To contact Mrs. Anderson, please click here